1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Maybe the last round of tax cuts was

Discussion in 'Politics, Guns, and a can of Whoop Ass!' started by msell66, Dec 26, 2018.

1. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels at c2 Donator

2. Turnall

Turnall New Member

NEVER going to happen. The morons make too much money off special interest...

Of course, we could have term limits to help make the relationships a little less personal...

Allen

msell66 likes this.
  3. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

We have term limits, it's called a ballot box!

Term limits have invited more corruption in other nations.

Get out, help educate voters, offer rides encourage people to vote! That there is your term limits!

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

120mm likes this.
  4. Horseplay

Horseplay I Don't Care. Do you?

Offering rides is one way we got ourselves into this mess. If people can't be bothered to educate themselves on candidates and issues, let alone find a way to get themselves registered and to the ballot box...we don't want them voting. We need much stricter registration/voting requirements if we are ever to get a decent lot of quality persons in office.

5. guruatbol

Not true. If you give someone a ride you have time to get them to vote the same way you do. Works for the Dems.

Mel

6. RapidRabbit

RapidRabbit Well-Known Member

Well contrary to the media's "retail apocalypse" my company is having a fantastic year and my store is set to have an all time high volume level for 2018!

People are spending, they're just more selective where they spend. Change with the times or die.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

7. guruatbol

That is awesome! I was at a mall in SLC before Christmas just killing time. I saw something I haven't seen in 15 or more years. People were not just shopping, but buying. People we're carrying lots of and big bags.

Mel

8. Horseplay

That was my point. We don't want people voting the way they are "told to". Better to have an educated voting base. People who can be manipulated so easily in their vote are drawn to that bright light the TV media puts out and that is NEVER a good thing.

9. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Including those voters who only watch Fox News?

Larry G likes this.
  10. turq66

turq66 Well-Known Member

The prospects of Democrat control of the House has boosted consumer confidence and sent shoppers into a buying frenzy!

11. Horseplay

Absolutely!

12. guruatbol

You can't be serious. If their control does anything it will slow down the economy.

They will want to spend and the deficit chickens will come home to roost.

Mel

13. guruatbol

My point is we must educate people. Tell them the history, the facts and help them vote for conservative constitutionalist.

Mel

14. Gigantopithecus

Gigantopithecus Well-Known Member

Or it's the exact opposite. Fear of overtaxation.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

guruatbol likes this.
  15. msell66

msell66 Burning Fossil Fuels at c2 Donator

And they wonder why people don’t believe their drivel.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/09/politics/tax-code-early-returns-data/index.html

If the tax code is changed to let you keep more of YOUR money in every paycheck, wouldn’t you expect to either A- receive a smaller refund or B - owe less come tax time? Am I missing something here? (Besides marbles)

Except for those uber rich Chicagoans. They deserve to pay their “fair share”

Mark

120mm and guruatbol like this.
  16. David67

David67 Active Member

Did my taxes we didn't get a big tax return liked we did before. We made more together this year than last year. Also we couldn't write off the mortgage interest from the house. Also I noticed they took less taxes out of my paycheck compared to last year. So I don't know. I'm happy not having to pay the IRS.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

17. Horseplay

This isn't really that difficult to understand. The tax brackets dropped by 3%. So in general, your tax liability dropped by the same regardless of income. However, they did away with the personal exemption and limited the amount of state income and property taxes you could deduct. Capped it at $10k. In exchange, they bumped up the standard deductions as an offset. They also raised the credit for a kid to $2k each (if you qualify). Wrap all this up and the vast majority of working Americans will have a lower tax liability this year. Unless you live in a high tax state (which are almost exclusively BLUE) then you are fucked. When the capped deduction meant to cover your states taxes doesn't come close to your actual property tax bill its going to hurt! Anyway...personal problem.

Most Americans have no clue how to file their taxes. The math is a simple as calculating a tip on a dinner tab but they just don't bother to understand it. The public had been warned since the inception of this new tax year that their withholding amounts would be smaller and that would naturally affect their year end calculations. Now many are like "where's my normal $5k refund?". Hey stupid, you know that extra money you were spending from each paycheck all year? Even better, why in the fark would anyone want Uncle Sam to hold $5k of THEIR money all year long? People are just stupid.

120mm, c6fastback, stangg and 3 others like this.
  18. SkidMark

SkidMark Active Member

Did my taxes this weekend. The wife and I made about the same as the year before. Paid 3k less in taxes and our refund was $500 less. It was a win for us.

120mm and msell66 like this.