• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Knott's 2019 New Venue announced

Dkutz

Not so sure about this. I liked Knotts. Gonna miss portillos, and the ability to walk to food. Date is announced as well save the date.
Breaking News: The new location for the Fabulous Fords Forever car show in 2019 is ANGEL STADIUM! Will include Ride & Drive, Drifting and more vendors. Holds more participant cars, and free spectator parking, too. Great news! #NoMoreKnotts #FCCC

Quite a drive from our normal hotel and meeting spots. Time to look at places closer to the stadium?

Dieter:

Where, did you learn about this venue change? FFF and Angel Stadium sites have no information.

I just googled April 14th and there are quite a few events scheduled that day. Of possible interest is "Cake and Cunnilingus Day" I never heard of this before and I am definitely NOT making this up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brings a new "flavor" to Fabulous Fords Forever. LOL

Here is the official release.

Hello Fabulous Fords Fans!

There have been some great posts today, showing some of the highlights from our first show planning meeting for the upcoming 2019 iteration of Fabulous Fords Forever. There are also a couple of posts out there from some of our members that have a suprise with regard to the show itself. Are you ready for the announcement? Yeah, I think you are.
1f642.png
:)

The 34th Annual Fabulous Fords Forever show will take place on Sunday, April 14, 2019!

We are also very excited to announce that the show will be MOVING from its home of the last 30 years to what we hope will become our new permanent home. That's right, Fabulous Fords is moving, just down the I-5 to.......

...Angels Stadium of Anaheim!

We will always treasure the partnership we had with Knott's Berry Farm, but with the recent expansion of the water park and the loss of available parking space, we simply outgrew the confines of their east lot. So, it was decided to make the move to a location where the show can grow and become better.

There will be some challenges as we undertake this rather large task, but we hope that our fans will be there to support the show. We have a long way to go to get the show ready and our new hosts have been extremely helpful and supportive; for that we are very grateful.

One more thing to announce (well, a couple of things):

First, spectator parking at the stadium will be FREE! That's right, free!

Second, we will have trailer parking available for those race cars and trailer queens. Parking for them is also free!

How's that for a big announcement? We have a lot of big things planned for next year's show! If you haven't already "liked" our page, DO IT NOW! You won't want to miss the updates as we post them throughout the show planning, of course, leading up to the big day!

Thank you!

There is an awesome BBQ place near there. The Best Western in GG near there is super nice.

Tons of other food places too.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It was going to happen, 3 years ago they were talking about Pomona raceway area. Knott's started charging more per spot and was trying to expand there water park.

There's more room and tons of places to eat next to the stadium that's walking distance. Also it's close to the freeway. Ford wants this show to become a premier event. You're going to see more automotive celebrities and bigger attractions.

It's a good move for the show!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We have to find a new hotel that has a nice courtyard to shoot the breeze as well as a place to park the trailer for the purple mustang! <--- I beat you to the punch Mike!

There's tons of hotels in the area. Shouldn't be a problem finding one for the purple mustang.
We have to find a new hotel that has a nice courtyard to shoot the breeze as well as a place to park the trailer for the purple mustang! <--- I beat you to the punch Mike!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I might be able to haul Trouble over there next year, as long as that's not the weekend of the MCA quarterly meeting. I'm taking Trouble to Houston for the national show there the end of March, so everything will be ready to go.

I've checked a bunch of hotels in the area and ALL have a restriction on PURPLE Mustangs. Too bad Ken:rolleyes:

I've checked a bunch of hotels in the area and ALL have a restriction on PURPLE Mustangs. Too bad Ken:rolleyes:

Good thing it’s actually blue and your color palette is slightly askew.

I will be looking at some places online later today. The boy can make a drive by and check them out in person as well. Only 15 miles from his place!

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.

Seems close enough, due east of Honda Center across river and decent price...

Back