• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Is it time to sell?

FordDude

Well-Known Dude
Staff member
Been thinking about this for more than a year. The convertible was my dad’s Mustang and I kept it to help remember him. I have not driven it anywhere in a couple of years. I start it, let it warm up and drive it around the block. I know that once it is gone there is no going back. Since dad bought it in 1978 it has always been in a garage, was only used for car shows, parades and homecoming events. In the 45 years it has been with us, maybe driven 30k miles. What will soon be a 60 year old Mustang, it has < 150k miles on it. About 90 to 95% original.
Why do I want to let it go? Automatic convertibles are not what I enjoy driving. I like a roof over my head, manual transmission and a solid suspension. Money is not tight, and I am in no big hurry to sell. But it would be nice to get my 07 back into the garage. It is under a canopy, but still outside. I am going to restore my 67 for a third time and the money will help with the modifications/upgrades that I want to do.
I am going to research how to sell, by research find the best place to list it and get an idea of the market value. It is insured for 25 and that is the absolute minimum I would accept.

1693938250413.png

fd

Timing is not your thing, I'm guessing. The time to sell a convertible is spring. Much better market. That said, sell it. It's your dad's car not your dad. Memories don't go with the sale. If its not your cup of tea its just taking up space. Easy decision when viewed this way. If you let it go anywhere near $25k you're ripping yourself off if its in any bit of decent shape. Do some market research before you put it out there so you get a fair price for it.

Good luck. I’d say 98% of the questions and comments you’ll get wherever you sell it will be asinine and a waste of your time.

Back