• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cobbled together some pipes today at work. New pics!

Sluggo

Using leftover Tundra tailpipes :wtf

Nothing fancy, just trying to get the exhaust out of the cabin.

Went with a right side exit for both. It'll get me by until I redo it from the heads back.
1_06_02_09_4_44_17.jpg

1_06_02_09_4_45_11.jpg

1_06_02_09_4_44_47.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Cobbled together some pipes today at work.

Verrrrrrryyyyy interesting......... Where is the Tundra that is missing the pipes now? Not supposed to use the neighbors trucks as a parts house.

That is interesting. I don't think I have ever seen that before. Good Idea. Do you have any clearance problems with the rear end? I would guess not but I thought I would ask.

NO clearance problems that I can tell. I kept it close to the body. Have not driven it yet. If it hits anywhere it'll hit the body.
I'll get better pics today or Monday. I took those with my cell.
I'm going to add two 2 inch extensions to the outside and angle the cuts rearward just to clean up the look a little. I was considering building a box around it and tie into the rocker but i decided not to.

You told me trans Am styl, thats nascar with both out the same side......... Looks kinda cool though

Wha-ev........

I'm like the Fonz, He can't say wrong, I can't say Nascar.
Here some better pics. I did some cleanup and shot some weld thru primer on it.

Thats really different Randy. Why both out the same side? I am also working on my exhaust right now. You want to talk about a nightmare you should see what I am doing. Got the new rear coil over suspension on and trying to get exhaust to work is not fun.

"Mod9" said:
Thats really different Randy. Why both out the same side? I am also working on my exhaust right now. You want to talk about a nightmare you should see what I am doing. Got the new rear coil over suspension on and trying to get exhaust to work is not fun.
SIDEPIPES :hide2

It's one of those things that just happened. Usually what happens when you start a project without a clear vision :naug

I have not even driven the car with that config yet. It somehow went from routing the exhaust out from under the car so I could breath inside to doing the body work and painting it :hmm

It'll probably go away and get normal tailpipes now that it's getting painted. The road warrior theme won't work anymore.

Back