• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Cancer Sucks!

Thanks to all these nice pics, I've felt great since last Saturday. I'm off chemo for a week...till next Wednesday when I start up the next round. Seems like these nasty drugs may be doing their magic (yeah, I'm an optimist). The pain I had in my liver area has gone away and I almost feel normal...so to speak.

Great to hear and it gives me a week to come up with a better a few better pics for you and your wife. Better living through chemistry and stangfix.

Thanks to all these nice pics, I've felt great since last Saturday. I'm off chemo for a week...till next Wednesday when I start up the next round. Seems like these nasty drugs may be doing their magic (yeah, I'm an optimist). The pain I had in my liver area has gone away and I almost feel normal...so to speak.
Now that's the kind of news I like to hear.

You're too young for this crap! My first wife passed when we were 52 from lung cancer and she didn't try to stop it. Keep up the good fight!

this is the last girl Mark gave a ride to

thenug-EIeUflZn2J.gif

Just got back from a trip to Florida. Been down there for 5 days so family could see my smiling face! We stayed in Melbourne on the beach. Deb was happy to get some beach time and I was happy to be pill free for a week. Ate lots of shrimp and enjoyed time with family and friends.

Found out that my Mom, Dad and Deb had never been to the space center, so on Monday we drove up and spent the day at KSC. I've been there numerous times, but not since the mid 80's. If I would have known sooner, maybe I could've hooked up with Lemondrop and rode in the crawler!

My second round of chemo starts tomorrow morning. Hoping that it goes a little smoother than the first.

Here I am in the zero gravity room.

IMG_5977.JPG

Here is the Saturn V rocket 1st stage F1 engines. Pretty damn cool seeing these monster up close. Hard to believe that
they put out 1.5 million lbs of thrust EACH! Try to top that you top fuel straight liners

IMG_5954.JPG

Mark if you get near Houston and have never been, I'd highly recommend the Johnson Space Center tour. It'd be a nice "companion" tour to your FL trip. They have the whole damn Saturn rocket (with an Apollo capsule) on display there!! I was lucky enough to stay just up the street while there on Business in June so I took the opportunity during the weekend. If you do the whole thing, plan on pretty much a whole day. Well worth the $20 admission!

p.s. If you're a Trekkie, on display in the museum they have the actual Galileo used in the first generation Star Trek series! Fans bought it and fully restored it.

Back