• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Any Hog Hunters out there?

12 GA FLECHETTE SABOT AMMUNITION

CONFIGURATION
Our 12 ga flechette ammunition is assembled using our patented M1 sabot with new hulls and powder. Each assembled round features the latest iteration of the patented M1 sabot holding all the small arms grade flechettes points forward. The M1 sabot is designed for bore safe protection of the weapons barrel and for consistant flechettes release performance. It maintains the flechettes critical bore alignment and release consistancy, unattainable with loose fillers ands wad card closures.

PROJECTILES
The flechettes packed into the M1 sabot are new hardened small arms grade, they have more concentric points than commonly available salvage flechettes. Salvage flechettes from surplus canister munitions can have points that are up to 0.010 inches non-concentric, and can cause extreme dispersal around the aim point when fired in small arms. Our flechettes insure higher performance and longer ranges than normally seen in this type of ammunition.

COMPARISON
Our flechette sabot ammunition weighs approximately half that of conventional lead 9 ball 00-buckshot cartridges, allowing you to carrying twice as much ammunition for a given load bearing weight limit. Our sabot with 19 steel flechettes has 211 percent more projectiles than lead 9 ball 00-buckshot, with an equally higher probability of kill (P/K) or incapacitating hit (I/H) at all your engagement ranges. The small arms grade flechettes used in our M1 sabot series are aerodynamically efficent compared to the deformed lead balls in fired buckshot, with exemplary accuracy and penetration performance at all ranges for soft targets.

FUNCTIONALITY
Our flechette sabot ammunition functions best in pump-action shotguns having a cylinder bore choke, as found in most service or security weapons with barrel lengths from 6 to 20 inches. The Flechette sabot has a body diameter of 0.725 inches, the recommended MINIMUM cylinder bore choke diameter is 0.725 inches. Improved cylinder bore choke smaller than recommended may disrupt the sabot assembly and distort the pattern, giving inconsistant results. DO NOT USE rifled barrels or rifled chokes, our flechette sabot ammunition WILL NOT PATTERN CORRECTLY in shotguns with rifled barrels or rifled chokes and the projectiles will be widely dispersed. The current production load will not fully function in some semi-automatic shotguns such as the Remington 1100 shotguns, Saga, and Benelli M-4. A fully functional load for semi-automatic shotguns is under development.

Wonder where I can get some. I'd be interested in trying them.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/9rds-12-gauge-flechette-ammo/cName/12-gauge-specialty-ammo

12gaflechette.jpg

check out all their specialty stuff

I'd rather it be dead right away when I hit it than lay there lame. And, uh, watch it with the gay comments, we're heavily armed. :2guns

Back