• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2018 Hot Rod Power Tour dates and venues

I'll be around for the Raleigh-to-Charlotte leg (all day Thursday/Friday) - are you guys going to be anywhere that is easy to locate for me to come say hey? Anything worth noting to go see?

I noticed that there's no drag racing on the Raleigh day, so what do people do instead? Sit around on their rumps?

Well the tour is mostly about the drive from one venue to the other. They do have a vendors midway with displays and they give away stickers and stuff. There is a stage we’re they “entertain” people by giving away stuff. But also there will be a lot of cars coming in and leaving the venue. We have to check in before 6pm as a long hauler. After 6 pretty much everything is gone and the gathering at the hotels around the area begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is on my bucket list.

Maybe soon when I retire again.

Mel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hmm, well is anyone interested in doing lunch in Raleigh or Charlotte on Thursday/Friday, respectively? I will be around but it kind of sounds like there's not much to do if you're not busy trying to fix your own car...

It’s really hard (for me anyway) to predict where we will be at lunch time. For us the fun is driving the route and stopping along the way to see local sites. We don’t worry too much about schedules.
In fact this year we are planning to just pull off the road in spots that look like a good spot and watch the cars go by for s while. With thousands of cars on the tour you cannot see them all. This plan might allow us to see a bunch and not walk around a hot venue parking lot looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julie's sister lives in Raleigh so the evening is booked for us. Maybe a early lunch could be scheduled. You pick the time and spot somewhat close to the route.

I believe the tour is scheduled to go to Petty's garage for lunch on Friday (unless those plans were changed).

Yo, so since nothing is planned - I will just be wandering around, checking out the cars / drag racing. If you see a vaguely Asian chick wearing a 2018 Graffiti festival shirt and a super old Dr. Pepper baseball hat, that's me.

Or just text me at 9196231952. Should be around noonish to that evening.

Yo, so since nothing is planned - I will just be wandering around, checking out the cars / drag racing. If you see a vaguely Asian chick wearing a 2018 Graffiti festival shirt and a super old Dr. Pepper baseball hat, that's me.

Or just text me at 9196231952. Should be around noonish to that evening.
It was nice meeting you and your Dad today Kelly, enjoyed talking with you both.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Just got home from the long haul and found my picture in the http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hot-rods-open-road-day-4-massive-galley-hot-rod-power-tour-2018/

016-power-tour-2018-road-1.jpg

Just got back. Sent Julie back when we were in Raleigh via American Airlines (her Mom is real ill and was doing worse). The 59-F100 did great but I am beat.
Sorry I missed seeing and getting the opportunity to meet you both. Glad to hear that all went well. Hope all is going as well as it can with Julie's Mom.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Back